De-Throned is a Mod for the PC Game Oblivion, and will be set in England during the English Civil War 1641-1651

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Quest Writing

Go down 
AuthorMessage
exoduis

PostSubject: Quest Writing   Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:13 am

Hey,

Ill need you to tell me what kinda thing you want me to write Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raradir
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Quest Writing   Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:31 am

Well we need main story quests for each of the four factions, now these should be unique to each faction.

Factions
Parliamentarians:
Ok the Parliamentarian main quest should have you being an MP/Soldier, as for the rest I'll let your imagination come up with the rest, theres plenty of historical notes etc on the civil war on the internet if you want to find a setting etc

Royalists:
Ok for the Royalists it should start with you being a Lord with a small estate and the King offering you more if you take up arms with him. As above let your imagination run with the rest, these are just basic outlines

Mercenaries:
Ok now for the Mercenaries you should start off neutral, and you can pick either Royalist or Parliamentarians, whichever pays best, it should include you hunting down generals and setting up ambushes etc

Rebels:
Ok the Rebels are a nice little faction set up in the Highlands of Scotland and some areas of Wales, these are against everyone.

Ok Just to give you a basic idea I'll let your imagination do the rest, But I want the final outcome of each faction as you have to flee England as your life is in Danger, because for the very last quest for each faction for you to don a robe and hood to hide yourself and go and watch the Kings execution and afterwards fleeing England.

Hope this helps somewhat if you have any questions etc PM me

Thanx
Raradir
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://de-throned.forum-motion.com
Kroot9525

PostSubject: Re: Quest Writing   Wed May 05, 2010 10:18 pm

Hey Raradir,

Just cruising through the forums, and I saw this.

I strongly, but politely disagree with your idea of having a definite end to the mod. I like the idea of Charles dying, but fleeing England won't be as good as it sounds.

Take for example the game Fallout. One of the most talked about parts of the game was the definite ending of the game. After finishing the main quest, that was it. No continuation.

It may just be from what I've read, but despite the historical accuracy of ending the mod, simply ending the main quest and continuing the game would be a better choice.

Take this for example: The player watches the King's beheading, and the main quest ends. You then reap the outcome of your choices based on what faction you joined. Royalists will suffer a severly damaged disposition in major cities (making it harder to interact there), but rural areas will still accept them. Parlimentaries will have the exact opposite. Rebels...well...i'm not sure. Nevertheless, the mod itself doesn't end. But that's just an example.

Of course, I have an even more radical proposition, but I"m really just putting it out there and I don't expect you in any way to alter your idea for it. The mod could allow, if you are a Royalist, the player to alter the course of history. Such an action can be both popular and unappealing, however. Some find it empowering and moving, while others find it dissapointing and soiling.

But, once again, I'm really just throwing it out there.

Thanks,

Kroot

P.S. Oh by the way, have you thought about the main quest yet? The way i see it is that the player fights through the pivotal battles of the English Civil War if on the two major opposing sides. (Each will be made into a quest, and you can fight teh battle from the respective side). Then, we combine my earlier idea in and make it so that the player has a specific role during the battle. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quest Writing   

Back to top Go down

Quest Writing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
De-Throned  :: Team House :: Quests/Story-
Jump to: