De-Throned is a Mod for the PC Game Oblivion, and will be set in England during the English Civil War 1641-1651

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Westminster abbey

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BaRaDa
Head Modder
Head Modder

PostSubject: Westminster abbey   Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:25 am

if anybodys got a bit of time to spare to look about for some pictures (i`m guessing probably line drawings) of Westminster abbey of the time it would realy help me out i`ve got some plans but no visual reference.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raradir
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Westminster abbey   Wed May 05, 2010 10:28 am

Right I posted on Yahoo Answers and this is one of the good responses
Quote :

The Abbey would've looked very similar from the north end (the two big towers that are on either side of the western entrance weren't added until the mid-1700s). And, of course, the statues of the ten modern martyrs (added to the west side of the Abbey in 1998, I think) would not be there - there would just be empty niches....but the overall imposing yet beautiful structure would be very familiar. (Of course, the interior would be different - graves would only be up to the Civil War.)
There would be, I imagine, an overall sense of newness (for some aspects of the then centuries old structure).
Not to mention the layout of streets in front of the Abbey - I've seen images from the 1700s that show a large open courtyard in front of the building (but I've never seen images of the Abbey from the 1600s).

So basically how it looks now just without the two towers at the front
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://de-throned.forum-motion.com

Westminster abbey
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
De-Throned  :: Trawling Through The Archives :: Research Help-
Jump to: