De-Throned is a Mod for the PC Game Oblivion, and will be set in England during the English Civil War 1641-1651

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

savegame compatible?

Go down 

Do you like this idea?
Totally
20%
 20% [ 1 ]
Not sure if it is worthed technical dificulties
40%
 40% [ 2 ]
Connection between Tamriel and england will ruin the game
40%
 40% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Jaachym
Lead Researcher
Lead Researcher

PostSubject: savegame compatible?   Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:31 pm

this is just an idea....

Since we are doing total conversion I am sure that DeThroned will not be compatible with most mods, but will it be savegame compatible with oblivion?

I mean... will player need to start over a new character or will player be able to load savegame (in which player is in tamriel) and say: find taleport or door to england and say something like "I have came across mysterious doorway which lead into world where magic seems not to work"

I am sure it will be hard to implement and there will be many technical issues so I am not asking about which technical issues we will might run into by implementing this I am just asking if you like the idea so I will know if i have to do further research
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The hunter
Head Writer
Head Writer

PostSubject: Re: savegame compatible?   Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:36 pm

When i imagined it, it would be new game with new ideas, and not compatable with old save games...
I think its an interesting concept and could work thou...
But it wouldnt be lore friendly...
This does bring up another issue, is it possible to run our mod and oblivion at the same time?
As in have two different save charcters on either...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raradir
Admin

PostSubject: Re: savegame compatible?   Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:45 pm

Hmmm Your making me think now lol, I'm just wondering if its possiable to Not have to go through some doorway in Tamriel,and whether we can have it like you can just enter the world through the Main Menu, like it'll basically be a new game just on the platform of Oblivion, its hard to explain, it never been done (I don't Think) and whether its possible is another question. But either way this Mod will work
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://de-throned.forum-motion.com
The hunter
Head Writer
Head Writer

PostSubject: Re: savegame compatible?   Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:48 pm

Im not doubting the workness of it; its just the logistics Wink there not the must fun Razz

Which format would be the best? Because it could be researched either way...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaachym
Lead Researcher
Lead Researcher

PostSubject: Re: savegame compatible?   Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:55 pm

I have just got another idea:
what if player set sail to say Hammerfall, then there will be huge thunderstorm and when sky clears out player character (or ship captain) says that night sky looks diferent and that he dont recognize stars and when they finally find dry land they are in england

so what do you think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raradir
Admin

PostSubject: Re: savegame compatible?   Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:57 pm

Jaachym wrote:
I have just got another idea:
what if player set sail to say Hammerfall, then there will be huge thunderstorm and when sky clears out player character (or ship captain) says that night sky looks diferent and that he dont recognize stars and when they finally find dry land they are in england

so what do you think?

Hmm I don't know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://de-throned.forum-motion.com
Halperin

PostSubject: Re: savegame compatible?   Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:37 pm

I like that idea, although I'm not sure if people would like to start a totally new conversion with an old character. If it was my choice, I would much rather start a new character than use an old one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The hunter
Head Writer
Head Writer

PostSubject: Re: savegame compatible?   Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:05 am

Plus it would mean bretons and orcs running around england Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaachym
Lead Researcher
Lead Researcher

PostSubject: Re: savegame compatible?   Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:52 am

I think appierance change can be scripted

Halperin: I agree but, what if someone would like to continue with old character

ship dont have to be even from from tamriel... it can be quest related

say some sailors sailing form england to say america (they were looking for new world and have found complete new one) they were say somwhere in bermuda triangle, then there was this huge thunderstorm and their ship wrecked near Anvil, their appierance changed (to reflect their alter ego )and they want to get back to earth (becouse they say that everything in tamriel seems to be less real , food tastes worse and do not satisfy them... and even newgained magical powers )
there can be even one evil sailor who want to take over the throne in tamriel (or something like that)

Player will hear some rumours about shipwreck on the shores of Anvill when he will talk to the ship captain or some sailor he can choose to help them build new ship, stop evil sailor from taking over throne, find magic compas or something that will guide them home to earth. for a revard captain offer player to set sail with them, then thunderstorm again and then when sky clears out ship will be near cornwall

so what do you say now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: savegame compatible?   

Back to top Go down

savegame compatible?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
De-Throned  :: Wander The Town :: Suggestions-
Jump to: