De-Throned is a Mod for the PC Game Oblivion, and will be set in England during the English Civil War 1641-1651

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What will be kept from oblivion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The hunter
Head Writer
Head Writer

PostSubject: What will be kept from oblivion   Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:55 pm

Name says it all really- What systems can be kept from oblvion.

So say the quest system, i pressume that must be kept.
Levelling system?
Magic items- less the magic more the affects the items may have?
Potions poisons?
Skills list?

Just basically a brain storm on anything that can be kept from oblivion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raradir
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What will be kept from oblivion   Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:02 pm

Well the Magic system wants to be totally gone, whether we can do that or if it'll still have to be there inactive. Health Pots we can keep but rename so it suites the setting, also poison we can have but rename also. The leveling and skills we need to discuss what to have, Archery as there was crossbows, muskets and pistols, but we need to come up with a list of skills
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://de-throned.forum-motion.com
Kroot9525

PostSubject: Re: What will be kept from oblivion   Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:20 pm

Haha...I can't believe I missed this topic. Its something I've been struggling with for a long time.

The one important thing that hasn't been mentioned yet are dialogue and books. Both have way too many Oblivion references. The books will be easy: I'm already creating parts of the Bible that players can read.

Dialogue will be extremely harder: We'd need someone willing to voice quite a few lines, not to mention with an English Accent. (But I think we've got those).

Oh and I also wanted to bring up the magic system real quick. We don't ACTUALLY have to tamper with the system at all. The dirty trick is to virtually eliminate all possible sources of magic from the game. It's what I'm doing in my own mod.

The only sources of magic from the game are scrolls, vendors, other NPCs, and altars. Remove all these, and you have nothing but good old steel and powder. Oh, and you should find the NPC called "Player" and eliminate his spell list.

Oh, and most importantly, you need to make sure none of the new NPCs are vanilla races; they need to be completely new and have no starting spells. Otherwise, other NPCs will still have spells.

If all sources can be eliminated, there is no way to get spells unless you cheat.

But that's just my take,

Kroot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Halperin

PostSubject: Re: What will be kept from oblivion   Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:35 pm

Kroot9525 wrote:

Oh, and most importantly, you need to make sure none of the new NPCs are vanilla races; they need to be completely new and have no starting spells. Otherwise, other NPCs will still have spells.
Kroot

I thought you could get rid of an NPC's spells just by deleting the spells in their spell list?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kroot9525

PostSubject: Re: What will be kept from oblivion   Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:11 pm

That is actually a common misconception. Each race has several default spells that they start with regardless of spellists. For example, water breathing is added to Argonians even though they ahve no starting spells.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Halperin

PostSubject: Re: What will be kept from oblivion   Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:44 pm

Hmm. Creating the races could take a while. Are you sure there's no way to remove default spells, such as removing the animation or scripting?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kroot9525

PostSubject: Re: What will be kept from oblivion   Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:06 pm

Actually, it's easier than it seems.

All you need to do is use the exisiting template for the human skin parts, and then select the default voice as Breton. Also, mark the race as Playable. (This gives the NPC the generic rumours and greetings)

Why Bretons? Male Bretons have the closest thing to an English Accent, and until we get voice actors, they'll do for a quick standin.

Once you're done with that, simply create a generic "template" character, give the race a name and Breton attributes, remove the starting spells, and you're done!

If you still need a more detailed tutorial, I can probably either find one or write one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Halperin

PostSubject: Re: What will be kept from oblivion   Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:12 pm

Well, I wouldn't be creating the NPCs. I just thought it might take a while. I should stick to scripting and worldbuilding Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What will be kept from oblivion   

Back to top Go down

What will be kept from oblivion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
De-Throned  :: Writers Room :: Need Advice/Help-
Jump to: